tirsdag den 12. maj 2009

One year in braces

Well, the one year mark for wearing braces approaches. It seems like time has just flown, and yet some how it also seems like it has taken forever.

I try not to think too much about wearing them, but I do. I feel them constantly. I don't want to bother my family and friends with my endless talk about the changes in my mouth or the discomfort of braces, but I find myself doing it all the time. They will make a sigh of relief when the surgery is over and I can start focusing on something else.

The comments about my brace-situation are some times hilarious. This little girl of four or five years old came up to me with her father. They had a question, which I began to answer. All of a sudden she spots my braces and says: "What is that in your mouth?" Her father kind of froze. I could feel him thinking about the worst case scenario she could say. I started explaining my situation and worried about her response. But all she said with the sweetest smile was: "That looks so cool. I want braces too". O what a cute little girl. For 10 seconds I felt good about myself. But then she returned and said: "Don't you think that I am nice for saying that?" Arrgh. All my illusions disappeared. Well, but she was sweet though. :-)

1 kommentar:

  1. It's always so nice to meet a fellow blogger :) I feel your frustrations~ there seems to be cycles of frustration at how long it takes. It would almost be better for the Orthos/Doctors to guess a longer time period so it feels quicker when you're ahead of schedule.

    Hang in there. One year down is a huge accomplishment! Will keep hoping that surgery date in August happens for you :)

    SvarSlet