tirsdag den 19. maj 2009

What is in a name?

I had a check-up with my orthodontist. They took some new molds, which almost made me vomit. I am just not good at opening my mouth high enough for them to get the molds out. My orthodontist said that things are going in the right direction. On my next appointment they will be taking pictures and preparing for the surgery. I asked him, what the technical term for my jaw surgery is, and he said that it's called a bilateral sagittal split. So that is what I am getting.

My next appointment is june 16. I know they won't book my surgery until after august 8. I asked them to wait because I am going to a wedding. It's one of my oldest and best friend and I could not bear to miss out on that. It is going to be a long braced summer...

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hello Anyas, I just found your blog. I had bilateral sagittal split and some other things done on April 7th. I am glad you are going to the wedding first. The first three weeks of recover is pretty hard. You will need to rest. At nine weeks I still have some swelling, but it is getting better. I will be here to see how it goes for you. I wish you the best. : )

    SvarSlet
  2. Thanks for your response. I will also be following your progress. :-)

    Have you started to work yet? My boss is very eager to know how long it will take before I can return to work.

    SvarSlet