tirsdag den 16. juni 2009

Upper jaw surgery too???

Well, there is only one thing I can count on, when it comes to braces and jaw surgery: "You can't count on anything".

Usually I feel in control of my life, but going through this, I just have to go with the flow. I had a check-up today, and the message was that I am almost ready for surgery but they are thinking about performing upper jaw surgery as well as the bilateral saggital split.

I don't know what to feel right now. I had gotten used to thinking about lower jaw surgery, and it didn't feel like a big thing, but adding an operation to the upper jaw is just making me nervous. What is it going to feel like? What about the pain and discomfort?

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hey, It will be okay. I had upper and lower. With mine I had a lot of swelling (you can see pictures on my blog). The first two weeks were pretty bad, but by the third week, I was feeling better. I had some pain but it was not unbearable. I took the pain medicine for two to three weeks, I think, then I just took the over the counter meds. Don't worry, you will do great!!! If you have any questions, let me know.

    SvarSlet
  2. That's great that you're so close to being ready for surgery. I know how it can throw you for a loop when things change & you're not expecting it. Honestly, Rita's right~ if they go aheaad with doing your upper jaw as well, you will be fine. I did upper jaw and chin, and though numbness can be annoying the upper jaw numbness doesn't last as long as the lower does. I didn't have a lot of pain in my upper, really, but more of a stuffy, heavy feeling, that felt MUCH better after two weeks. The worst was the sore throat from the breathing tubes, and you get those either way, haha. You'll be putting up with the joys of recovery already, so I guess it depends on if it will get you the best bite or not? Who knows, they may decide not to do it anyways :)

    It's funny, I was more worried about the effects of them working on my lower jaw than I was upper ;)

    SvarSlet