mandag den 9. november 2009

26. October Visit with the surgeon

The removal of stitches went really well. There was only one left. My surgeon said, he was happy, he had used blue thread so it was easy to see what was left.


Then I showed him the discolored tooth, and I was so confident that he would say like Rita and Kate that it was no problem at all. Instead he said that it had never happend to him before, and he couldn't understand it. He checked with the x-rays that were taken right after surgery. And he was nowhere near the roots of the tooth. I asked if the tooth was dying, and he said maybe. But nothing can be done untill the splint is removed. I am scheduled to have it removed on 18. november. I just can't wait. Talking is so annoying. And I am also starting to feel pain from the rubberbands and hooks in the front. But I have to wear them for 2 months 24/7 and then I have to wear them at night for 2 months. I am allowed to have four breaks for one hour when I eat.

When we were looking at the x-rays regarding the discolored tooth, the surgeon showed me, how many screws that had been attached to my jaw area. I counted almost 30!!! Yikes. No wonder I have been swollen and bruised for so long. He said that some of the bruising were a bit stubborn, but eventually it will all go away.

For the next period of time I have to exercise my jaw.

Here are some pictures where you can see what I look like 4 weeks post-op.


2 kommentarer:

  1. Hey, you are looking great! I am sorry to hear about the tooth. When they were looking at mine, they said I may have to have a root canal. I hope this is not the case for you, but if it is, it will be okay. Hang in there! : ) Be blessed!

    SvarSlet
  2. Thanks. :-) Well, they have also warned me of the possibility of a root canal. I hope that the prospect of that will scare my tooth to turn white. Here is hoping... :-)

    SvarSlet