lørdag den 24. oktober 2009

Visiting my orthodontist

This friday I saw my orthodontist for the first time since the surgery. He said things looked okay. My face is still swollen, and I have a light green bruising on my throat and on my cheeks. Sadly enough he didn't remove the splint. My surgeon wants it to stay on untill wednesday the 18th of november. What a bummer. It makes it soooo difficult to talk. The hooks and rubberbands will also be staying on.


The orthodontist couldn't do much, but he noticed something that worries me quite a bit. One of my front teeth has a different colour. It's kind of a light pink, and this is a sign of internal bleeding in the tooth. I have to talk to my surgeon about it on monday. Maybe they have to go in and stop the bleeding. On monday they will also remove the stitches. Hope it doesn't hurt too much.


Here is picture of my cat doing a great job of being supportive :-)



3 kommentarer:

  1. Hey Anya, thanks for the encouragement on my blog. I just read yours and wanted to let you know that after my surgery I had a tooth that turned a grey color. My dentist checked it and said it was from the trauma from the surgery. It is still a little grey, but at least I won't lose the tooth. Try not to worry about your tooth. I am sure they can fix it somehow. Be blessed!!!

    Cute cat. I need to post one of me and my puppy. : )

    SvarSlet
  2. How did the stitches removal go? I found it a sweet relief to no longer have that tugging feeling, the unexpected pull if you moved the wrong way.

    Good to hear things are going well, and all the best as you continue your recovery.

    ps. hope you got reassuring news about your tooth~ Rita's right, try not to worry too much :)

    SvarSlet
  3. Thanks Kate. The surgeon wasn't to optimistic about the tooth. He has been operating for 20 years and has never experienced this before. But I am optimistic. The removal of stitches went fine. I had really worried about it, but there was only one stitch left to remove. Wonder what happend to all the others? Hmm, best not to think of that. :-)

    SvarSlet