lørdag den 3. oktober 2009

Almost time for the surgery

It has been a while, since I have posted anything. I have tried to be more relaxed about the extra time I have had to wait for the surgery, but it has been hard. 16 months in braces before surgery is a looong time, no matter how you put it. And I know I still have at least 6 more months to go. My patience is really being tested to the limit, but it is out of my hands.

Monday is the big day, and I can't wait to get it over and done with. I have seen my orthodontist. The surgical hooks have been attached to my braces. The hooks annoy my mouth, and I have a lot of cranker soars. I have seen my surgeon, and he is a very nice elderly man with a lot of dry humour. He wants me to start talking and eating right after surgery. If he sees any boards with me writing on them, they will be confiscated. I hope I will be able to talk, but with surgery in the upper jaw as well as the lower jaw, I just don't see, how I will be able to.

I will propably have to stay in the hospital for three days. After that my mother is going to take over the cooking and cleaning, which is quite nice for a change. :-)

I am a bit "hyper" with surgery closing in on me. I am not worried about the pain, because usually my body is pretty good at taking care of that. I run a lot, so my body produces a lot of endorfins. But I worry about, what my face will look like. Will I like it? Or is it going to be like looking at a stranger. Things are going to change, and the big question is, will I be ready for it?
And will everything work out as they have planned??? What if the bite doesn't come together???

3 kommentarer:

  1. I hope it goes very well for you! I had braces as a teen (5 years) and again as an adult last year (I'm 54). Our daughter had three phases of braces from ages 8 to 14. Her teeth are now very straight but they say her open bite can only be corrected with orthognathic surgery when she is an adult. So, I'm very interested in this subject - best wishes!

    SvarSlet
  2. Hey Anya! So your big day is here! Wow! You are going to do great! Don't worry. Your surgery sounds like mine with the extent of it.

    I do look different, but honesty, I like the difference. You will be fine. I will be thinking of you! Blessings!!! : )

    SvarSlet
  3. Thanks for your encouragement. :-)

    SvarSlet