søndag den 11. oktober 2009

Getting better

My mother called my surgeon and he prescriped some new pain medication that doesn't upset my stomach as much. I have been able to eat quite regularly and I have also been able to sleep the last couple of nights.

I think I hit my all time lowe friday morning when I got up. I just started sobbing because I was so tired, in pain and just fed up with being in my body. After I cried, I picked myself up again. I know the only way to get better is to eat as much as possible and do what the doctor says.

Things are getting easier, but it is still no picknic. I could not have gotten through this without my mother. She has been here for me every step of the way. She brings me my food, water and medication. She picks me up when I am down.

I have lost four pounds this first week, but I guess this is what to expect. The swelling seems to have gone down a bit. All in all I think things are improving. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I also have to go to the hospital to see my surgeon. I hope my jaw is healing like it is supposed to.

1 kommentar:

  1. It sounds like you've been having a rough time. But you've been through the worst of it now, it can only get better! Good luck with the surgeon's appointment tomorrow, I hope he says everything is healing well!

    SvarSlet