torsdag den 8. oktober 2009

Surgery - not as easy as I thought

Surgery was monday the 5 th of october. I am glad I didn't really know what I was putting my self through. Its been a hard couple of days. After the operation I got so sick that I vomitted blood for five times. After I had gotten that out of the system, things seemed to be going fine. But I had a hard time sleeping. I was convinced that I couldn't breathe through my nose. And the next morning I nearly fainted in the bathroom all by myself. I tried to call out for help but no one heard. After some time I pulled myself up from the floor and got into the hospital bed again. I really thought I was going to die on that floor. Spooky.

I was in the hospital from monday till wednesday. When I got home I got sick again. It seems like my body doesn't like the pain-medication. I keep on vomitting. So now I will try to do with out all the pills, but my face is hurting. I don't know whats worse: vomitting all the time or feeling the pain. I just want time to fly so I will get through this. I didn't think it would be that hard.

My surgeon is very optimistic and says that things went very smoothly and that I only lost about 10 ml blood. Thats way below average. They also say that my face isn't as puffy as most other jawsurgery patients. So things should work out fine.

I really hope the pain and the discomfort soon goes away. I will post some pictures when I feel better.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar